Saturday, December 6, 2014

Rocket Raccoon gun final



In a previous post (Rocket Raccoon Guardians of the Galaxy) I had developed Rocket Raccoon but wasn't that happy with his gun. So for some awesome inspiration I turned to Skottie Young's many excellent versions of Rocket. He has one version which is just sublime magic...and a little crazy.

The first gun (at top left) was done in adobe draw. Such a great app (and free) - how awesome is that. I was then able to take those beautifully controlled lines into illustrator and do a live trace. Onto number two gun. I really liked the bulk of the gun but didn't like the front handle bit. So I changed that.
Onto number three gun. The final - yay!!! With all its bell's and whistles. Super overdone, crazy and just the way I love it.

Will post up gun with Rocket next.
As always, thanks for coming on by for a visit.

Tools used:

  • Adobe draw
  • Illustrator CS3


No comments:

Post a Comment