Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Winter outfit for an octopus

creativeprompt octopus illustration
My second entry into #creativeprompt challenge from Henrike.
Today’s challenge was to create a winter outfit for an octopus. I know, cool aye.
I thought I'd put up some conceptual ideas (very rough) to show how I kinda got to the finale. See below.
The challenge for me was to think how I would tackle 'heating' for this marine creature. Some of my attempts were literal (like one with a scarf and hat) whilst others were more in line with capturing heat. The latter I went with.

The idea then was along the lines of capturing heat through means of  good old solar(sun). The orange pad on his upper head is the solar panel.
The final pose I chose was to be relaxed and overall for the character to be 'cute'. Some of my early sketches were a bit too menacing.

Some conceptual ideas:)
Tools used:
  • Adobe ideas
  • Procreate
  • Photoshop CS3 for a little touch-up

No comments:

Post a Comment